Here are 20 amazing facts! From augmented golfers to which fingernail grows the fastest, join us as we take an educated peep at 20 amazing facts about this big ole world.
20. The Statue of Liberty’s face is more than 8 feet tall.
19. According to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, one dollar bills made up 48% of all US currency printed in 2009.
18. During the American Revolutionary War in 1775, America had a currency called ‘continentals’.
17. The X in X-ray was used because the inventor didn’t know what the radiation was when he discovered it so he simply put X, as an unknown.
16. In 1998, The Bellagio in Las Vegas was the most expensive hotel ever built, costing US$1.6 billion.
15. Pro golfer Tiger Woods had laser eye surgery that gave him better than 20/20 vision, making the hole seem bigger and the reads on the green clearer.
14. Identical twins have indistinguishable DNA from each other but their finger prints don’t match.
13. According to the National Congress of American Indians, Native Americans make up .09% of the U.S. population.
12. The Nile river runs through 11 countries.
11. A cassowary can run up to 50 km/h (31 mph) and jump 1.5 metres (4.9 ft) in the air!
10. Golf balls don’t have a regulated amount of dimples. The amount of depressions on each ball varies between 300 and 500.
9. Ariel is the only Disney princess that has a child.
8. The nail on your middle finger grows the fastest.
7. In 1974, the first product to be scanned via a bar code was a 10-pack of Wrigley’s Juicy Fruit chewing gum.
6. Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg is a lake in Massachusetts, United State.
5. Madam C. J. Walker is considered to be the first female self-made millionaire in America.
4. In 133 B.C. Rome became the first city to reach a population of one million.
3. France, including all its overseas territories, has the highest number of time zones with a total of 12.
2. China has a staggering 14 countries touching its borders.
1. The average American eats 23 pounds (10.4 kg) of cheese per year.