The seventh installment of the Star Wars film series, ‘The Force awakens’ is due for release on the 18th of December 2015. This highly anticipated film is going to be the first in the Star Wars Sequel trilogy, and in honor of all the star wars films to date, here are a few facts about the Star Wars prequel trilogy that you probably didn’t know.
20. George Lucas and producer Rick McCallum’s daughters desperately wanted N’Sync to appear in Attack of the Clones. They did indeed film two scenes but thankfully were removed from the final cut.
19. Did you know? In The Phantom Menace Yoda has three toes but in Revenge of the Sith, Empire Stikes back and Return of the Jedi he has four toes.
18. Ray Park, the actor who plays the Sith Lord Darth Maul in the Phantom Menace originally started out as a member of the stunt crew. Park had his lines dubbed by another actor, Peter Serafinowicz, when the director thought his voice was too high-pitched.
17. All the door frames in Phantom Menace had to be taken down and rebuilt when they proved to be too low for 6’4 tall Liam Neeson. It cost the set-crew an extra $150,000.
16. Some movie goers only went to see Meet Joe Black because it was one of the few films to feature the first preview of Phantom Menace.
15. The Clone Trooper’s rifle design is based on the German MG-42 machine gun.
14. Attack of the Clones is the only Star Wars film released the same year as a Star Trek film – Star Trek: Nemesis.
13. A ten year old Han Solo was supposed to appear in Revenge of the Sith with Chewbacca on Kashyyyk but thankfully the part was cut from the movie.
12. The finale of Revenge of the Sith that depicts Anakin Skywalker turning into Darth Vader resulted in the film being rated PG-13, making it the only film in the entire Star Wars series to receive a higher than PG rating.
11. Benicio Del Toro was originally cast to play Darth Maul but dropped out when the character’s role was trimmed. However, he is confirmed to play a part in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VIII – at this stage many are speculating he’ll be the lead villain.
10. The only shot in Phantom Menace to not feature any CGI, is this vent expelling toxic, Dioxis gas.
9. To create the sound of the hovering tanks that the droids used in Phantom Menace, the film crew ran an electric razor against a metal bowl and then digitally lowered the pitch.
8. The communicator that Qui-Gon Jinn uses is a redecorated Sensor Excel Razor for women.
7. The starship Enterprise from Star Trek fame can be seen briefly flying by on Coruscant in Phantom Menace.
6. In the options menu of the Attack of the Clones DVD, key in 11, enter, 3, enter, 8, enter and you will see some deleted scenes, mostly of Hayden Christensen falling over.
5. Attack of the Clones is the only Star Wars film that didn’t reach the number one box-office spot for the year. It was beaten by Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Spider-Man.
4. Christopher Lee, who plays Count Dooku, appears in Revenge of the Sithfor a mere 2 minutes and 35 seconds and speaks just four lines.
3. Both George Lucas and his daughter made their first cameos in the Star Wars films in Revenge of the Sith.
2. During a battle in Revenge of the Sith, it’s the first time in the entire Star Wars franchise that you see two light sabres of the same colour fight and hit each other.
1. Revenge of the Sith is the only Star Wars film that doesn’t feature R2-D2 in the final shot.
So there’s our countdown of Star Wars prequel facts. What do you think, did this top 20 list miss anything? Have you heard of any other odd things George Lucas did to the prequel trilogy? If so, let us know onTwitter andFacebook.